Over 29,000,000 have tried the Alpha Course in over 150 countries worldwide. In all types of churches, in schools, prisons, the forces and old people’s homes. Bear Grylls, the famous explorer says that "Alpha was the best thing I ever did. It helped answer some huge questions and to find a simple empowering faith in my life".
Our next course
We are planning to run Alpha in late July -September 2017 … watch this space for details, or ring Lorne on 09-438 1667.
What is Alpha?
- It is an opportunity to explore Christianity in a non-threatening, relaxed setting in a home or at the local church with others who are curious.
- It is non pressured and leaves the ball in the court of the enquirer.
- It is a 10 week, 15 session journey beginning with an introductory dinner.
- At the dinner there is an opportunity to hear about how others have found the course, how it works and to listen to a talk “is there more to life than this?
- It is especially designed for those who don’t go to Church and for others who want to “brush up on the basics”
Here is what some people have said after completing a course:
"This has been the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time. THANKS!" Christine
"I became a Christian on Alpha. My wife and I have learnt so much together" Mike
"I am now a Christian ... in everything I feel a much better person. It was an awesome experience. Thank you so much" James
"It was an amazing course - thanks" Colleen
"This was a real shift for me and a sense that God is walking this walk with me" Jennifer
"I would like to attend another course to learn more" Anna
"I realised I was carrying a lot of pain and anger with me. I threw this black cloud off and allowed the Spirit to heal me" Cathy
"I am now more aware of God's plan for me" Bill
Alpha stands for:
A ... anyone can come along, especially seekers of spiritual reality
L ... Learning and laughter ... you can have fun learning about Jesus and meeting others
P ... Pasta ... Pork ... Puha ... and Pudding ... we start every evening with a meal
H ... helping one another. Everybody is encouraged to participate and share their own thoughts
A ... ask anything! In the discussion groups, no question will be frowned on.
Please contact the Church if you would like to know more: 09 438 1667